Friday, November 7, 2008

Photorealism in Inkscape

I bumped in to many photorealistic images done with Inkscape in the net, and I thought, why not create an original one of my own. So I downloaded a picture of the Philippine Eagle dreaming that I can create a vector version of it.
While summoning the artist in me, I opened my laptop and started moving my mouse. Suddenly, a big CRASH. Nope, there were no accidents. My computer only ran out of valuable memory. This prompted me to stop and in turn prevented my eagle to soar in the world wide web.
Oh, well, I was not successful in creating the Philippine Eagle but I managed to create a photorealistic image of its feather. HAHAHA!!! So I downgraded my eagle to a mere pen and ink image which I uploaded in Openclipart.org for everyone to see and laugh at (from eagle to pen - sigh…). Anyway, below is the image.

This is my first attempt, so I think it’s not that bad (don’t be too harsh guys, if you don’t agree with me). But I believe I still have to work on the ink bottle.
By the way, the text written on the paper is Noli Me Tangere because I decided to be patriotic. Why is that? I just thought, it is just right to show that there are still Filipinos who love their country. Besides, the feather came from the Philippine Eagle, right? ; )
I will try the Philippine Eagle again someday. I just hope my computer will permit me to finish it when that day comes.

No comments: