Thursday, November 27, 2008

Inkscape Filter for RPG

One day I visited OCAL and read nicubunu's thoughts about using Inkscape to create rpg elements. I think it was a very good idea. I love rpg and after seeing somebody create those cute little objects I became inspired to share something for the cause.

The newest addition to my set of filters is grass. Grass is pretty common in rpg and I think it would be beneficial to create a filter than to create a grass effect from scratch every time. A little tweaking on the the Second Turbulence primitive would also create other interesting textures which of course can be added as an element in an rpg map. For a sample of the grass effect in action see the cute chibi below.



I think cobblestones can be done using patterns so I think there's no need to create a filter for that. Next time I'll work on the fog effect and hopefully I will be successful.

No comments: