Friday, November 7, 2008

Architect Gloria

So much for the common stuff. This time I tried to be different and created a cartoon of Gloria Macapagal Arroyo.




















I depicted her as an architect (or engineer depending on how you interpret the cartoon) since she made the “Strong Republic” battle cry.

The Philippines is in a battle since time immemorial, and day by day we are struggling against poverty, corruption, poor education and the list goes on. How are we going to win this kind of battle, a battle with so many enemies in all flanks? Will the vision of GMA be as good as her term in office? I hope not. I just pray that who ever wins the Presidential race in 2010 will continue the projects she started and not to destroy them and waste the hard-earned money of the people.

As I have said in 2010 another President will emerge. Will we continue to be in our current state of economic hardship or not. Will I be able to come back to the Philippines, stay for good, because my country is already capable of giving me the good life I am always dreaming of, or not? Ahhh, we’re still uncertain on what the future holds for us Filipinos. For now, I will continue to hope and pray that the future will be brighter in the aftermath of yet another political exercise.

No comments: