Thursday, November 13, 2008

Inkscape Water Filter

I am wondering why there are no Inkscape Water Filter in the net. Maybe I'm just lazy to look for a filter that is going to be useful for my next project.

Anyway, I stumbled upon Chrisdesign's distortion pack (thanks man!!!) at www.openclipart.org and I thought his wave filter is a good building block for a water filter. So I added some more primitives and Voila!, an instant water and lava filter. I already uploaded them at www.openclipart.org for everyone to use and enjoy.

Below is a sample of the of the water filter in action.




As an added bonus, here is a pdf tutorial on how to use it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great tutorial ! Thanks for sharing

wsnaccad said...

Thanks, peileppe. You and nicubunu are my inspiration for creating filters for RPGs. I often visit your blog to study the different textures in your comics. I then used the ideas I gained there in my filters. :)