Friday, November 7, 2008

Vector Philippine Eagle

Creating a vector clipart of the Philippine Eagle is really a daunting task, especially if the computer that you are using is not suited for such project.

Just like before, I had several crashes and I thought I will never be able to finish the national bird of the Philippines. But alas! I managed to pull it through, thanks to the “Pattern on Path” effect in Inkscape.

I discovered that I can create feathers efficiently using the said effect rather than creating individual feathers and doing the traditional copy and paste. I can’t think of any reason anymore for the crashes other than the seemingly nifty “copy-paste” method.
Here’s the eagle anyway. I will create a better version in the future as this one is a little cartoony.

No comments: